Sunday, July 13, 2008

The bet.

Once upon a time a young man got a parrot. On the way home he said to parrot: “I want to teach you to speak something.” “You don’t have to teach me because I already can,” the parrot answered. He was so amazed that he made a decision to bring the parrot to the alehouse to show other people his smart pet. “Look, I have a surprising parrot,” he cried. “My pet can speak!” he added. But the parrot kept silent. The young man asked the parrot to say something, but he didn’t say anything. People made a bet ten to one that the parrot can’t speak anything and the young man lost his money. Nothing could make the pet speak. On the way home the man struck the parrot and said him “silly fool! I lost a considerable sum of money.”. “It’s you silly fool!” the parrot answered. “If you really want to win a considerable sum of money, bring me to the alehouse tomorrow again. Make a bet hundred to one and you will win!” he added.



“Try to see beyond your own nose”.


No comments: